Job Vacancy: Assistant General Secretary (Education) Posted 13 Jan 2020
Your essential function is to provide support for Singapore Kindness Movement’s (SKM) Education sector, and you will report to the Associate General Secretary (Education) / General Secretary (GS) of SKM. You are required to work closely with the Associate General Secretary (Education) in conceptualising and executing programmes through schools to achieve SKM’s mission with the following job scope:
Programmes for Youths
- Conceptualise, market and execute ad-hoc programmes, events and resources to spread the message of kindness and graciousness to tertiary students from institutes of higher learning including polytechnics, ITEs and universities.
- Develop, market and execute the Kindness Badge Awards for primary and secondary school students from local and international schools
- Develop, market and execute the Kindness Badge Special Award for special education schools
- Manage booking systems for programmes and workshops
- Manage and review internal budget and logistics for programmes and events under his/her charge, including sponsorship requests
- Establish accountability and evaluation standards and systems to track programme effectiveness and impact
- Provide post-event and programme reports for review and recommend areas of improvement
- Seek, build and maintain partnerships to collaborate with tertiary service learning clubs, government and private organisations to run tertiary programmes and events
You are also required to work closely with other members of the Education team to ensure all programmes are implemented smoothly; and participate in and contribute to all assigned task clusters within the Secretariat, including co-working with other personnel as necessary.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Degree in Communications / Marketing / Psychology or relevant with at least 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable coordination and organisational skills
- Ability to pay high attention to detail
- Passion to work with students and parents
- Singaporean or PR only
Please submit your resume with a recent photo to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.